Are you ready for an unforgettable adventure filled with thrilling rides and refreshing water attractions? Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari offers the best of both worlds with the combination of an amusement park and waterpark in one.
To be able to take full advantage of all that these parks have to offer, you will need two days.
Trust me on this.
For your two-day visit to be a success, follow this guide for the best time ever.
Why 2 Days?
You will not want to miss out on any of the rides, shows, or even sweet treats during your visit. When we visited the first time, we kept busy the entire time but missed so many attractions and shows on the first day.
We took note of what we missed and prioritized them for day two.
Here are a few reasons why you need to consider a two day visit.
- Size and Variety of Attractions: Both parks cover over 40 acres and are filled with numerous rides, water attractions, and shows. You will get your steps in for sure.
- Crowds and Lines: During peak seasons or busy weekends, the parks can get quite crowded, resulting in longer lines for the most popular attractions. When the weather is hot, crowds will gather in the waterpark too. By having two days, you can spread out your experiences and reduce the time spent waiting in lines.
- Relaxation: A two-day visit allows you to take a more leisurely approach to enjoying the park instead of stressing to try to get it all in. You can put away that clipboard and just go with the flow. Your family can spend one day exploring the water park and the next day focusing on the amusement park. Or you can split the days during warmer weather like we did, by going to the amusement park in the morning and late afternoon then spending the warmer part of the day in the water park.
- Weather: Let’s face it, mother nature can be unpredictable. It is Indiana after all. By having two days, you can pick the better day for the waterpark or be flexible with your day.
- Shows and Entertainment: In addition to rides and water attractions, Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari often features shows, entertainment, and special events. Enjoy magic shows, juggling acts, and more at Hoosier Celebration Theater and pool dance parties in Splashin’ Safari. You won’t want to miss the drone and firework spectacular at night! It was my boys’ favorite part of the day. You can find the list of shows and the schedule of events during your visit by going to HolidayWorld.com/Today.
Research & Schedule
Before you embark on your vacation, take some time to review the Holiday World website and social media accounts for up-to-date information. Take note of any special events and show times.
Ticketing & Accommodation
To save time and avoid long lines, consider purchasing your tickets or season passes in advance. You may want to bundle your tickets with local accommodation options with Stay and Play packages. There are several options available nearby like Sun Outdoors Lake Rudolph Campground or a short drive to Owensboro, KY or Jasper, IN.
Rent a Cabana or Cheetah Chaise Lounger
These go fast so reserve your Cabana or Cheetah Chaise Lounger early. You won’t regret this one.
2024 reservations should be available beginning in March.
Day 1: Flexibility
Early Arrival – Make the most of your first day by arriving at the park early. This not only ensures a better parking spot but also allows you to enjoy popular rides with shorter wait times at the start of the day.
Lockers and Sunscreen – Rent a locker first thing in Splashin’ Safari Plaza. Don’t forget to apply the free sunscreen and reapply in areas around the park.
Prioritize Rides & Attractions – With the park map in hand, identify the rides and attractions you absolutely must experience. Plan your route to hit these attractions first. Also, it is a good idea to start at the back of the park and work your way forward for shorter lines.
Split Your Day Up – Since most of the time you will be visiting in the warmer months, consider doing rides at Holiday World in the morning and then visiting the waterpark in the afternoon as the temperature rises.
Parent Swap and Single Rider Lines – Families with young children can make use of the Parent Swap system, allowing the parent in line to swap so both can enjoy the ride with small children. For solo riders or if you are willing to separate temporarily, take advantage of single-rider lines to reduce wait times.
Stay hydrated and Take Breaks – The excitement can be tiring, so remember to stay hydrated. There are plenty of FREE drink stations around the park. Take breaks in shaded areas to rest and recharge. Also, be sure to catch some of the amazing shows and grab a snack before it starts. Another great place to recharge is in a dining location (some are airconditioned).
Day 2: Maximizing Your Experience
Revisit Missed Rides or Favorite Rides – Make a plan to ride the attractions that you missed or favorites to repeat from the day before. Sometimes, rides break down, or weather conditions close rides temporarily. It may be a good idea to revisit those rides the next day.
Split Your Day – Splashin Safari opens one hour after the park opens and closes before the park. You may want to mix up your day to catch the drone shows at night too.
Take Time to Relax – Float in the lazy river, rest in the cabana, enjoy a show, or have a meal together.
Pick out a Souvenir – Visit one of the many gift shops to take a piece of the park home with you to remember the time you had.
Tips for Both Days
- Flexibility is key – Keep in mind that ride availability and conditions can change. Stay flexible to unexpected situations like weather-related issues or temporary ride closures.
- Take Advantage of the Park Website – Leverage the website for up-to-date information on hours, show times, daily deals, and more by going to HolidayWorld.com/Today.
- Dress for the day – wear your swimsuit under your clothes and a quick dry shirt/ shorts so you are ready for whatever comes your way. We also recommend water shoes for the whole family.
For a complete list of over 40 tips to make the most out of your visit to Holiday World and Splashin’ Safari then check out one of my other HoliBlog posts: Tips to Make the Most Out of Your First Visit to Holiday World.
Making the most out of your two-day visit to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is all about careful planning, flexibility, and ensuring every moment is experienced to the fullest.
Don’t forget about the FREE parking, drinks, and sunscreen. We hope your family enjoys it as much as we do.
It truly is a one-of-a-kind park and a must to add to your summer bucket list.
We can’t wait to hear about your visit so leave a comment below.
Hopefully, we will see you there!
Enter to Win A Pair of Tickets to Visit Holiday World in 2024!
Be sure to follow the adventures of the HoliBloggers. Each of their blog posts will have a giveaway where you can enter to win two tickets to visit Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari.
There are several ways you can be entered to win. Click any option below to get more details to gain those entries. You can enter to win through some options daily!
Entries are accepted through Friday, December 22 at 7 pm Central.
Reminder: Holiday World will never comment on a social media post telling you that you’ve won our giveaway. When our giveaway is over, the winner’s first name and last initial will be displayed in the giveaway above. Winners will be contacted at the email address they provided while signing in to earn entries. The winner for this giveaway will be notified in early January.
This blog post was written by HoliBlogger Trina H.
Trina Hopkins is a Midwest-based lifestyle blogger, content creator, and photographer behind Coffee and Confetti Mom. She aims to empower women and families to be intentional in creating memories and a home that they love.
As a mother of three boys, Trina created a blog in 2019 to share holiday traditions, home decor, party planning, and DIYs. She quickly realized she wasn’t the only one trying to create memories that last a lifetime. Through the years, she has also incorporated local family-friendly businesses and family travel destinations. Her goal is that you feel encouraged and confident to try new ideas and places too.
When she isn’t working or creating the next project, Trina enjoys the chance to get away for date nights with her hubby, long walks with her dog (or, let’s be real, snuggling on the couch), watching her boys play sports, and golf cart rides around the neighborhood visiting friends.