We’re introducing a blog series of tips and tricks we’re calling #HoWoHacks. We’ll give you some extra insider tips on how to handle the heat and more as we go.
Everyone knows Splashin’ Safari is a great place to cool off on a sweltering day.
Naturally there’s Bahari River and Bahari Wave Pool, not to mention Kima Bay and Tembo Falls in the shadow of Bakuli for the little ones. And of course, if you want to build your way up to Mammoth and Wildebeest, we have the two best water coasters in the world–especially Mammoth with that chilly water.
Doesn’t that all sound amazing right now?
Unfortunately, a refreshing dip won’t help you stay hydrated on a sweltering day, so we worked with our safety department to bring you some advice.
Quick Tips for a hot day:
- Start with a healthy breakfast
- Bring an empty water bottle so you can keep a lot of water around all day
- Free unlimited sunscreen is unlimited–take advantage of it!
- Go light on the soft drinks–stick to mostly water and add some Gatorade
- Make sure you keep eating (check out our menus page so you can pick out some food that looks more appealing on a hot day such as a wrap or fruit salad at Wildebeestro)
- Slow down your pace a little to avoid exhaustion
Pro Tips for a hot day:
- Know your air conditioned spaces at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari: between our gift shops, Santa’s Merry Marketplace, and Gobbler Getaway, there are a few options (there’s even an air-conditioned dining area near Sam’s BBQ)
- Even if it’s hot, wear a t-shirt for maximum comfort–it’ll help protect against sunburn and hot surfaces
- Avoid the crowds by heading into the naturally-shaded dry park around 3:00pm–wait times are shortest around that time and you can take some refreshing rounds on Raging Rapids and Frightful Falls
- Wait until the end of the day to cool off with an ice cream or an Icee
If you still find yourself feeling unwell in the heat–please notify a member of our staff so we can provide assistance from our EMT staff.
Stay cool and stay safe!
Would you like to receive HoliBlog notices – along with news releases and sweepstakes – by email? Sign up here and you can choose whether to receive the emails weekly or the same day the blog posts are published. Thank you!