Did you ever wonder where Santa Claus spends his summers?
… in Santa Claus, Indiana, of course!
- We’re centrally located in the heartland (three hours from Indianapolis, St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Nashville)
- We’re family-oriented, with historic sites, a theme and water park, museums, caving and canoeing nearby
- “Family values” that extend to the pocketbook
- Relaxed, Mayberry-esque locale, which appeals to nearly everyone
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are a theme park and water park here in town. We started out as Santa Claus Land back in 1946, and are still owned and operated by the Koch family, who got it all started seven decades ago. In addition to top-ranked roller coasters and one of the world’s largest water parks, we do crazy things like not charge for parking. Oh, and soft drinks and sunscreen are always free. Always!
- Next door is Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort. Families get a kick out of their cabins, cottages, and rental RVs. They have a free shuttle to take campers to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. Also, Santa’s Cottages are great for families. Other stops in town include the Santa Claus Museum, the Santa Claus Post Office, Santa’s Toys, the Santa Claus Christmas Store, Santa’s Stables, Christmas Lake Golf Course, and Santa’s Candy Castle.
- For an overview of the town’s offerings, please visit the Spencer County Visitors Bureau’s website
- Just four miles down the road is the boyhood home of Abraham Lincoln. There’s a national park, a living history farm, a state park, and Lincoln Amphitheatre, with musical performances throughout the summer and fall
- Just over half an hour away are opportunities for caving (these are family cave tours, not crawl-on-your-belly trips) and canoeing
We hope you’ll plan a trip to visit us soon. Santa can’t wait to see you!