Firecracker is a classic Calypso ride, one of only a handful still in operation in North America. This vintage ride was restored for the 2017 season with a patriotic theme and is located across from Liberty Launch in the park’s 4th of July section. Pop on over to our HoliBlog for updates!
Tips For Your Visit
- Firecracker is one of only a handful of classic Calypso rides still in operation in North America.
- To reduce the “squish” factor, bigger riders should sit on the right side of the car.
- One shared seat belt per car.
- For shorter waits, ride in the afternoon or evening.
- Be sure to check out Firecracker’s lights during an evening ride!
- This attraction is not recommended for Guests who have high blood pressure, back or neck condition, recent surgery, injury, or illness, are pregnant, prone to motion sickness or dizziness, or heart condition.
- Height limit: 36″ to ride with a supervising companion; 48″ to ride alone
- Type: Classic Calypso ride
- Vehicles: 16
- Capacity: Maximum 2 riders per vehicle
- Manufacturer: Robles Bouso
- History: Firecracker’s first home was at LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park near Cincinnati, from 1972-2002 when the park closed permanently; a few years later, it was moved to Fun Spot in northeast Indiana, where it remained after the park shuttered in 2008 until 2016, when Holiday World purchased the ride with plans to restore it