Frightful Falls was the first new ride added to Holiday World in 1984, when the park’s name was changed from Santa Claus Land. For all these years this log flume has thrilled and soaked countless riders with a spooky start through a tunnel, a graveyard tour, then up the big hill for a soaking splash below. And since 2000, The Legend’s lifthill crosses over Frightful Falls’ drop. Check out these stories, videos and photos about the Frightful Falls here on our HoliBlog.
Tips For Your Visit
- Whoever sits in the front of the boat tends to get the biggest splash.
- For your safety, don’t duck to avoid getting wet.
- Be sure to read the tombstones in the cemetery—some are downright silly!
- Shoes, shirts, and shorts must be worn on this ride.
- Don’t forget to check your photo for a replay of your giant splash.
- This attraction is not recommended for Guests who have high blood pressure, a back or neck condition, recent surgery, injury, or illness, are pregnant, prone to motion sickness or dizziness, have a heart condition, fear of heights, or are sensitive to strobe lights.
- Guests wearing neck braces, forearm casts on both arms, or full leg casts that cover the knee may not ride.
- Can’t get enough? Log on to these stories on our HoliBlog.
- Height limit: 36″ to ride with a supervising companion; 48” to ride alone
- Type: Log flume
- Opened: 1984
- Height: 41 feet
- Drop: 35 feet at a 35-degree angle
- History: First new ride in Halloween when Santa Claus Land became Holiday World in 1984
- Ride time: 2 minutes, 34 seconds