The Wave is one of Splashin’ Safari’s two wave pools. The computer-controlled wave system creates eight different wave patterns. If you prefer bigger waves, be sure to try Bahari Wave Pool. It is connected to Butterfly Bay, a gentle wave pool with water that is no more than 2 feet deep. Water depth varies from zero-depth-entry to six feet in the main pool and zero-depth-entry to 18 inches in the gentle-wave area, Parrot Cove. The pools hold approximately 270,000 gallons of water. Water you waiting for? Here are some Wave posts on our HoliBlog.
Tips For Your Visit
- The Wave’s waves are on for 7 minutes and then off for 10.
- If you are not a strong swimmer, stay in the very shallow water.
- It takes a lot of energy to play in the waves, so enjoy the rest between sessions.
- Please, no horseplay.
- The Wave has smaller/gentler waves than at Bahari.
- Don’t forget to use sunscreen and stay hydrated!
- This attraction is not recommended for Guests who have high blood pressure, back or neck condition, recent surgery, injury, or illness, are pregnant, prone to motion sickness or dizziness, or heart condition.
- Type: Wave pool
- Opened in: 1994
- Size: 21,000 square feet
- Pool depth: 0 to 6 feet
- Wave height: Maximum 4 feet
- Wave patterns: 8 computer-generated patterns
- Wave cycle: “On” for 7 minutes then “off” for 10 minutes