Welcome to our Virtual Hiring Event!
What’s a virtual hiring event? It’s a weekend where we’ll be setting up 15-minute interviews with our prospective Team Members, and we’ll be answering questions you may have about working at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. As we always say, it’s not a matter of if you should work here, it’s a matter of where. We’re here to help you find the perfect Starring Role this year!
As an introduction, our Human Resources Team created a video that covers how to find your starring role:
How can we help you?
Click one of the items below to learn more.
- I’m not ready to apply yet
- I’ve applied, but haven’t heard anything
- How do I schedule my interview time?
- I’ve set up my interview time, what can I do to prepare?
- I completed my interview, what happens next?
- Help & Troubleshooting
Still searching? Send us a private message.
That’s ok! Take your time and read up on what jobs are available, and what perks are available when you work here. If you’re worried you might not have all the information you need, it’s really simple! All you need to know is your first and last name, date of birth, phone number, and email address–that’s the whole application! Remember, you have to be at least 14 years old to fill out the application. After you set up your interview and get your offer, then we’ll need more information–which is outlined here. If you’re still trying to figure out how you’ll be able to make it to work, visit our Transportation Page to see if you might be able to make it to a nearby stop.
First of all, thanks for applying! We’re so excited you’re interested in joining our team! You should have received an email confirmation for your application, if you can’t find it, check your spam folder, etc. to see if it went to the wrong place. We’ll send you an email soon where you can register for a specific time for a short, 15-minute phone interview.
You should have received an email with a link to set up your interview time. Click on the link and follow the instructions there–just make sure sure you check your schedule first!
Now is a GREAT time to do one last scan of the different departments we have available. If you’re under 18, make sure you pay special attention to which jobs are available for your age group. Check the descriptions and make sure the department you’re interested in fits your needs–for example, if you love to be out and walking, you might make an excellent Sweeper!
If you’re nervous about the interview, try asking a friend or family member to help you practice. Some questions that might come up are:
- “What do you like to do in your free time?”
- “How would your friends or family describe you?”
- “What would make you a perfect fit at Holiday World?”
- “Which departments interest you the most at Holiday World?”
Recheck your information–make sure you can answer a call at the phone number you provided, and make sure your voice mailbox isn’t full. If we can’t reach you, we’ll leave you a message.
Prepare your physical space for the interview: make sure you can find a quiet space so we can hear you, and make sure your phone is charged and ready for the call you scheduled.
What we’re looking for is simple: we want fun, engaged Team Members who are ready to make each Guest’s day a little brighter.
Thanks for taking the time to speak with us about the opportunities we have for you here at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. You will receive communication about the next steps within 2 weeks of your phone interview. If you haven’t heard anything in that timeframe, please give our HR team a shout at 812-937-5252 or send us an email using the form on our Jobs Page.
- I scheduled my interview for the wrong time/I need to change my interview time. We’re happy to help! Send us a direct message on Instagram or Facebook, send us an email using the form here, or call us at (812) 937-5252. We’ll try and get an earlier time scheduled for you.
- What if I’m not available? We have more Hiring Events coming up this spring, but go ahead and send us a direct message on Instagram or Facebook, send us an email using the form here, or call us at (812) 937-5252. We’ll try and get an earlier time scheduled for you.
- I missed my call! Now what? Check your phone for a voicemail and try to call back if you notice within a few minutes. If your window has passed, send us a direct message on Instagram or Facebook, send us an email using the form here, or call us at (812) 937-5252.
- What phone number will call me? It may vary–most calls will come from (812) 937-4401. If you miss a call from us, be sure to check your voicemail for the correct number to dial back.
- I need to update my phone number for my interview. We don’t want to miss contacting you, so go ahead and send us a direct message on Instagram or Facebook, send us an email using the form here, or call us at (812) 937-5252.
- Can my parent/loved one help me interview or answer questions for me? We’re interested in getting to know you, so we want to hear from you! If a parent or loved one wants to help you, have them ask you the interview questions above as a practice interview.
- I am unable to participate in a phone call. Please message us on Instagram or Facebook, or send us an email using the form here, and we’ll accommodate your needs as best we can.
- Should I be nervous? Absolutely not! We’re just here to help you find where you fit best.
- Is this a video call? It’s just a phone call–you can do your whole interview in your pajamas if you want… though it might put you in a better frame of mind to get dressed like it’s an in-person interview.