By Sabrina @ Holiday World

Dear Enthusiasts,

If you’re reading this, you’ve probably heard the news that we’ve “Shrunk” HoliWood Nights 2022.

We’ve been overwhelmed by the growing popularity of the event over the last few years, and we adore our Enthusiast Community—both new and long-time attendees. We know you visit for the incredible movie theme alone. Just kidding. We know you visit for trimless rides on The Voyage at night, but we also know most of you also visit for the community.

Last year, it felt like our attendees needed to choose between the community and the coaster rides, and that’s not in the spirit of HoliWood Nights. And that’s why we felt it was time to make a change.

So, our theme is “Honey, I Shrunk the Event.” And we’re running an experiment by limiting capacity. Our hypothesis is that shrinking the event in this way will improve the experience and build a stronger community. If that doesn’t prove true, we’ll adjust.

If you’re feeling stressed right now, please don’t. This is one year and one weekend. Our goal is to take the HoliWood Nights experience up to the next level, not to make you stressed or keep you away from your favorite event. We set up the form to make sure everyone gets a chance to join, not just the people who happen to be available the day and time tickets go on sale… and we don’t want to miss out on that person who waits til the last minute each year.

If you’re not sure if you’ll be able to attend, go ahead and fill out the form. If you’re selected and you’re still not sure, send us an email or a direct message. We’ll work together to find the best solution for you.

If you typically bring a larger group, we want you to know that we chose to limit the group size to make sure as many people as possible have the chance to attend. If you still hope to bring a larger group, please fill out multiple forms, and make a note for us in the “Why you wish to attend HoliWood Nights” box, and we’ll do our best to keep you together.

If you’re curious to know what the selection process is like, we’re giving weight to long-time attendees of HoliWood Nights, but that doesn’t mean we’re only letting long-time visitors attend. We hope we can see plenty of new enthusiasts/new HoliWood Nights Attendees as well!  Anyone with a record of rider misconduct or behavioral misconduct at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari should not expect to receive a code.

In the meantime, don’t overthink it. If we don’t see you at HoliWood Nights, we hope to see you sometime this summer. Your partner club memberships still include discounts on tickets and Season Passes to the park!

22 Responses to “Letter from Leah: We’ve “Shrunk” HoliWood Nights 2022!”

1. Dalton Childress

I’m so so happy this is a thing. I first went in 2019 and had the time of my life… I want to be able to have that experience again that I wasn’t able to have the past 2 years!

• Ted Ansley

How do put my other family members on my form? I saw no fields for my kids or my wife?

• Josh @ Holiday World

Each form submission is good for two participants. If you’re part of a larger group, be sure to include that in the notes for submission and we’ll see what we can do to keep groups together.

2. Mike Coons

I, and I expect the entire “Coaster Crew,” will be behind you on this experiment. Shrink away.

3. Bob K Mertz

I do applaud you on working on this… There were too many people at the event last year. At the same time this changes things. I’ve been attending since 2018 or 2019 and being able to go with our group of friends is what makes this event special and it seems like the excitement has suddenly dropped for the event with the realization that our group is going to be fractured. I really like the idea of the lottery so that it’s a fair balance but that also makes it really difficult on groups of friends who rely on each other to afford lodging and who just wouldn’t feel right if one friend was at home while others got to go.

None of this is meant to be an attack on you. I respect Holiday World and love how in tune with the community that you are….. I’m really just kind of giving you a mind dump so you have some insight into the concerns some of us have. But let’s make one thing clear — I agree that something does need to change and I appreciate you making the hard decision to start that journey.

4. Heather Macdonald

I like this idea! I wasn’t there last year, but my roommate Matt Corbett raves about it! Hoping I’ll be there this year!

5. Scooter Clifford

Rekindled enthusiast who just got back into coasters after 15 years off. I would love to attend for the first time but I also completely understand your need to limit capacity. -Flying Scooter- ?????

• Josh @ Holiday World

You have to have a current membership with one of our Partner Clubs to be able to attend.

6. Nick Shank

Since I’ve been to all but one since 2008, I don’t feel stressed one bit about the selection process. I’m hoping this will keep the lines down so that we don’t have to spend ERT waiting in line… more like they used to be with re-rides abound. Love you, Holiday World!

7. Kat

Is it 125 for kids too? Hubby and I want to come and bring the kids, who will be 6 and 4 at the time of the event.

• Josh @ Holiday World

That event price will be for anyone who’s old enough to need a ticket to get into the park. That’s anyone ages four and up.

8. Christopher Hudson

Maybe as a huge perk for your Platinum Passholders, you should give them first option. That would be worth buying the pass, alone.

9. Daniel Deiler

I have been able to attend yet due to a number of different circumstances however Holliwood Nights has long been a bucket list event I’ve wanted to attend especially after moving to Indiana 3 years ago and had the opportunity to visit such an amazing park! The reputation of the rides and especially the gracious staff lived up to and exceeded my expectations!

10. David P Vanecek

While I won’t be able to attend this year due to work, i think this is an exceptional ideal and am behind it. The last couple i went to we less then perfect (i am other factors in the world played a part). I look forward to attending again

11. Kerry Stephens

I Can’t Wait Get to My 1st Holiday Nights Event. I’ve Wanted to Go but Unfortunately 2020 & 21 was unable to go Because of U.S. Canada Boarder Closures. I Rode The Voyage in Summer of 2019 & Instantly Fell in Love.. I Can’t wait for My Son to Experience The Voyage the 1st Time…

12. Brandon Grant

Any idea on when the attendees will be notified if they’re selected to attend or not?

• Josh @ Holiday World

We should choose our first round of attendees in March. We’ll have more information in the HoliWood Nights group on Facebook as we get closer to that date.

13. Nicole Billington

We have attended the event for years. It is the one event we look forward to each year. Total of 5 us.